Classes Offered and Distances
Trail maps to be posted soon
- Skijoring 1 dog (Men and Women)- 12.26km – 7.62miles
- Skijoring Juniors (Men and Women) – 12.26km – 7.62miles
- Skijoring 2 dogs (Men and Women) – 15.1km – 9.28miles
- Pulka 1 dog (Men and Women) – 12.26km – 7.62miles
- Combined 1 dog (Men, Women) – 7.23km loop x2 – 4.49miles loop x2
- Combined Junior – 5km loop x2 – 3.12miles loop x2
Sprint Team Sled
- 4 dog – 7.23km – 4.49miles
- 4 dog Junior – 6.8km – 4.2miles
- 4 dog mass start
- 6 dog – 12.26km – 7.62miles
- 8 dog – 15.1km – 9.28miles
- Unlimited – 23.74km – 14.75miles
- 1 dog skijoring
- 2 dog skijoring
- 4 dog sled
Mid-distance Team Sled
- 6 dog – 54.3km – 33.74miles
- 8 dog (pool of 12 dogs) – 81.4km – 50.58miles
Long Distance 12 dogs – 374km – 232.39 miles
Nordic Pure Breed
- NPB will be awarded seperately for classes presenting sufficient NPB participation
- A class is rated separately only if there are at least five (5) teams starting in the first heat of
that elite / veteran classes, and three (3) teams starting in the junior class.
Participant Age category
Mid Distance and Distance Rules
Medicine Prescribed by Physician or Veterinarian:
- If your application is accepted and you or any of your dogs are taking any prescription medication:
- You will need proof of this from your physician or veterinarian
- You will need to complete a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) form (for yourself only)
- Please be aware that you and/or any of your dogs may be selected for drug testing under the guidelines of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the WADA Anti-Doping Code and the Anti-Doping Rules and Procedures of IFSS. The IFSS Anti-Doping Rules and Procedures are available on the IFSS website (www.sleddogsport.com)
All dogs must have valid proof of rabbies vaccination.
Dogs may be required to have 5 way vaccination (to be confirmed at later date)
IFSS requires all dogs participating to World Champinship event to be microchipped . Microchips must be ISO compatible.
Race Entry Fees
- Your application form must be sent with a $30 non refundable payment to cover your application processing fee.
- Race fees have not been released yet
$40,000 CAD – This is the minimum purse to be distributed, amount may increase as we get closer to the event date.
Some lodging options are offered by the race organizer
The Haliburton region is a cottage region and you may want to explore cottage rental options.